Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cookies 'n Cream Blondies

So what are your thoughts on Cookies 'n Cream?


Personally, I love it.  It's like getting two desserts in one.  Oreo's and ice cream, fudge, cake, etc.  Who could dislike that?

I'm just surprised it took me so long to get in on the cookie 'n cream action.


I created a homemade Oreo recipe in May, and though I've made that original recipe several times, I never thought to do anything else with the Oreos.  Ugh, stupid!

Don't worry though, I'm making up for it today.  I've got a kick-butt blondie recipe for y'all that's totally gonna blow you away.  Seriously, try it.

(P.S. Next up... Ice Cream!)


Cookies 'n Cream Blondies
Blondies:
  • 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp spelt flour
  • 3 tbsp arrowroot starch/flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 3/4 cup applesauce
  • 1/4 cup date paste
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tbsp ground flax
  • Oreo Cookies, crumbled
Frosting:
  • 1 banana (don't use a banana that has been frozen, than thawed)
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 5-6 Oreo Cookies, crumbled
Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease a muffin tin. In a large bowl, mix together flour, arrowroot, and baking powder.  In another bowl, combine applesauce, date paste, yogurt, buttermilk, and ground flax.  Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until a smooth batter forms.  Fold in crumbled Oreos.  Divide batter between entire muffin pan.  Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, until firm.  Let cool completely.
Meanwhile, make frosting.  Combine banana, yogurt, and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor.  Process until completely incorporated. Mix in crumbled Oreos.  Spread frosting on top of each blondie and store in fridge.  Makes 1 dozen.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. These look great - and everything is already in my pantry! If I use regular flour instead of spelt, does that effect the amount of arrowroot starch I should use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete