Friday, August 31, 2012

Honey Flax Bread

I love love love freshly baked bread.


Just one slice of any kind is enough to make me smile, and when the bread has an extremely delicious taste to match, well, I'm usually sent to heaven in an instant.

There's just something that happens when you combine warm, soft, comforting, and tasty. I think it's probably something magical.

Because, c'mon, how on earth could anything taste so good otherwise?


This Honey Flax Bread is no exception. I nearly fainted waiting for my photoshoot to end so I could eat some.

This is, until I discovered that I could sneak pieces from the bottom of the loaf without anyone noticing. After that, everything was fine. Except, maybe, the underside of the bread, which ended up looking a little like Swiss cheese.

Sorry bread, you just tasted too yummy.


Honey Flax Bread - original recipe can be found here
(makes one 2 lb loaf)
  • 1 2/3 cup 1% milk (or skim, or almond, or soy)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup flaxmeal (ground flaxseed)
  • 2 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast
Add ingredients to bread machine pan in order listed, select appropriate settings, and wait for your delicious bread to be ready.

A warning:  The smell is ahhh-mazing.


I'm honestly not quite sure why anyone would still be reading right now.

You have the recipe, mostly likely all of the necessary ingredients, and I've told you how delcious this bread smells and tastes.

So, why are you still sitting at your computer?  Go make some bread!


Alright, maybe that was a bit pushy.

I bet some of you have a really great reason for why you can't make bread this instant (yes, "I'm too lazy" counts).  What I meant was, maybe you should consider pinning/bookmarking/scribbling down onto a random scrap of paper this recipe, because, when the perfect time comes around, I swear you'll be glad you did.

P.S. Don't forget to enter the giveaway!  You earn some tea to enjoy with your fresh bread!


Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Strawberry Banana Bread





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment